It’s a subject that everyone deals with on a daily basis.
Yet, for some reason so many ‘productive tennis pros’ continue to be bogged down by the never ending abuse that their inboxes battle with – and not all that productive in the process!
Nowadays, email has become the go-to source for communication with members, staff members, and your colleagues.
Some of us have learned to handle it in ways that doesn’t stun our productivity, some haven’t.
To help in the fight, I decided to put together my top 6 tips to help you manage the inbox madness and become an insanely productive tennis pro in the process.
- Unsubscribe from Email lists. Are you on too many email newsletters? Use Unroll.me to remove yourself quickly.
- Use the One Click Rule. Once you open the email you either reply/forward, archive, or delete the email. Don’t close and come back to it later.
- Understand the “3 Sentence Rule”. If you need more then 3 sentences to reply to an email you may need to pick up the phone and call the person. Keep it simple.
- Use A Project Management System- Use some type of software when you are working on projects . It will help with your day to day projects and keep your inbox clean and clutter free.
- Your Email needs to be in the Cloud-You can access your email anywhere and on any device
- Stop using your inbox as your to do list-Remember that your email is for correspondence and not for managing what you are doing throughout the day. Use a note pad or post its but don’t use your email as a to do list.
Keep in mind that email is a communication tool and it should not control your day.
Being a productive tennis pro is one thing but being a productive father, mother, coach, boss or whatever is even better!