I know there are a lot of things that you need to do, but here are 5 keys that I want to share with you on a rainy day in Charlottesville:
- You need a destination. You need to know where you’re trying to go and if you want to get there…so you need to get clear about what the BEST looks like.
- You need to Produce. No one is going to do it for you, so it’s your job to produce revenue for either you or the club, you need to bring in clients so you can produce the revenue. If you don’t have enough revenue streams then you can't make a profit.
- How you spend your time is the best test for determining what’s important to you. If you are at a club and your the junior coordinator but you know that you would rather work with adults then you need to figure out how to get there
- Just because a good opportunity, or a good client, or a good marketing tactic comes along doesn’t mean it’s the right thing for you and your business at that time. You may need to come back to it another time.
- The concepts that you use to get results for your clients…goal setting, assessments, sticking to the basics, etc…they’ll work just as well for you as it does for them.
1. Figure out where you are going and where you want to be.
2. Figure out where you are right now as a tennis professional.
3. Spend your time on things that move you from #2 to #1.
Just my random thoughts on a rainy Wednesday in Charlottesville!